Lead Developer - Web Technology (m/f)
Lead Developer - Web Technology
At Sportradar we’ve experienced a period of sustained hypergrowth due to a highly focused strategy. This strategy has been based upon providing sports data and streaming services to betting operators and media companies around the world. As a part of Sportradar’s “Ad:s” team, your contribution will ensure the continuation of this trajectory.
Your role will be to lead a development team in all technical aspects. You’ll have the responsibility, working alongside an experienced Product Owner, to develop engaging products based on Sportradar’s sport statistics and betting data. These products will be distributed to online publishers throughout the world.
The successful candidate combines his/her excellent knowledge in both frontend and backend development technologies for high-load, user-centric applications with a good understanding of how to lead a self-responsible team in all aspects.
The role is based in Vienna and offers the chance to develop further within the organisation.
- Defining the technology architecture for load-heavy applications based on statistics data
- Selecting an appropriate technology stack under consolidation of Sportradar’s Senior Technology Management Team
- Leading a new development team working with cutting edge technologies in a dynamic environment
- Building highly scalable, fault-tolerant systems that will be used by clients all over the world
- Playing an active role to shape Sportradar's advertising strategy and taking responsibility to help build a radically new business model
- Starting from scratch – no legacy code and a limited number of 3rd party systems
- 5+ years of experience developing and operating scalable distributed software systems
- Experience in taking a leading role in high performing development teams
- Strong understanding of frontend and backend programming languages and ability to choose the most appropriate technology to solve a challenge
- An eye for clean, testable, maintainable, and performant code – and giving cleaqr but kind feedback to your colleagues when reviewing their code
- Great understanding of the latest technologies and a pride to constantly hone your craft
- Familiarity with containerization and workflow automation
- Experience with Scrum-based development
- Experience with React, Node.js and/or Vue.js as well as state-of-the art PHP frameworks and/or Java frameworks would be beneficial
- Experience in using AWS services of any kind
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), any other European language (in particular German) will be considered as a plus.
- Entrepreneurial mindset consisting of ownership, urgency and drive as well as a strong focus on the customer
- Enterprise leadership capabilities with the willingness to share your skills with the team to help achieve business objectives
- Ability to effectively work with all levels of staff and management both as a self-starter and in a team environment.
- And of course, you share our passion for sport!
- Work together with a young, highly motivated and enthusiastic core of people
- Work for one of the fastest growing digital sports companies in the world at the exiting intersection of sports, media and advertising
The minimum monthly salary for this position is according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, overpayment will be considered depending on qualifications and working experience
If you think you're up to the challenge, come and help us to grow, innovate and develop!
Please upload your application documents here:
Zum Seitenanfang »